Energy-Efficient Fiberglass Doors
Most people believe you have to choose between beauty and energy efficiency when selecting an entry door for your home. But in today’s market, you don’t have to sacrifice good looks for low maintenance and low energy costs. Many people are surprised once they start looking to find that fiberglass doors now rival the style and beauty of wood, with a vast array of choices and options.
Before you write off choosing fiberglass custom entry doors for your home or business, discover the many benefits of choosing fiberglass over wood. At Heckard's Door, we create top-quality fiberglass doors that are Florida Product Approved and tested.
REASONS TO CHOOSE A FIBERGLASS ENTRY DOOR:
- They offer more insulating value than a wood door. A fiberglass door is constructed much like a steel entry door, with an energy efficient polyurethane core. The molded panels are part of the continuous outer skin that comes in a smooth or textured finish. Compared to wooden doors, fiberglass is more energy efficient (many doors qualify for Energy Star ratings), as well as more environmentally friendly.
- The maintenance on your fiberglass door will be much less than with wood. Due to less expansion and contraction, fiberglass doors are virtually maintenance-free. Panels in wood doors move over time because of climate changes; this movement actually allows heated or cooled air to escape your home. A fiberglass door is filled solid with insulated foam.
- Fiberglass doors will not expand and contract. Unlike wood panels, fiberglass panels do not move, so they don’t expand and contract with temperature changes. This means fiberglass doors don’t stick in the frame and don’t allow heated or cooled air to escape from your home. Wood panels can also move, causing unfinished areas to show at the rails and panels to crack if not maintained frequently.
- They can be painted or stained to your liking. The look of a painted or stained fiberglass door resembles a wood door more than ever. And the maintenance required to keep the door looking fresh and new is far less than with a wood door.
- Fiberglass entry doors are very durable, much more secure, and have some of the longest warranties available.